Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Cocktails and Clubs

Recently, I got together with my extremely low key book club. This book club is SO low key that I haven't even read one of the book selections in over a year! You see, those pesky Anatomy and Kinesiology books have taken top billing on my reading list. Luckily, the lovely ladies in my book club still let me show up and eat the dinner and drink the wine. One fun thing about this book club is that they like to tailor the dinner meal around the themes and settings that take place in the story. The latest book we  they read was, "The Night Circus" by Erin Morgenstern. It got rave reviews from my book club, so I've started reading it too in the tons of free time (*sarcasm*) that I have during my externship. So far, I'm really enjoying the colorful characters and mystere.

In the story, the patrons of the circus liked to drink cider and snack on chocolate mice. So in sticking with this theme to get book club kicked off, my friend made tempting Apple Cidercar cocktails:


Apple Cidercar

5 fl. oz. apple cider concentrate                                           
5 fl. oz. water
3 fl. oz. Brandy
5 fl. oz. Cointreau or Triple Sec 
2 fl oz. fresh lemon juice 

In a cocktail shaker, stir together the apple cider concentrate and water. Add the Brandy, Cointreau, and lemon juice. Fill the shaker with ice and shake well. Pour into sugar-rimmed cocktail glasses. Serves 4.

(my friend mentioned that this is a Williams Sonoma recipe)
                    (photo credit: Yumsugar.com)



And of course for our book club....nothing screams dessert like chocolate mice! Here are some ingenious chocolate cookie mice that one of the ladies made. Who would have thought that the little critters would be so tasty?




Have you read any good books lately?
A-

2 comments:

  1. lovely blog! xx

    http://www.theprovocativecouture.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Alina! Thanks for stopping by, I just checked out your blog..AMAZE! I'll be back to check it out more! :) Amanda

      Delete