Sunday, April 29, 2012

Green Jeans Go To Dinner: Colored Jeans Part Deux

RSVP? Nope, not me! Therefore, I'm a little late to the party on jumping in on the colored jeans trend. I fought the urge for so long and finally couldn't stand it anymore (especially after seeing Sara's last post!). Today, I went to go purchase my very own pair of colored jeans. I popped in for a red pair....and popped out with a pair of green. C'est La Vie!

Tonight, my friend and I went to dinner in downtown historic Snohomish. We had great wine, listened to live music, and oh yeah, vented it up some more. Sheesh! Hope I'm done venting for awhile. Luckily, I have patient friends. Let me see...yep, that's about it. Just a mellow evening between friends.

I took my new green jeans out for a spin on the town. I paired them with.............wait for it.......... *shock-a-roo* a thrifted animal print blouse and thrifted scarf. To spice things up a bit, I had an aqua necklace hidden under my scarf that I revealed later at dinner (<---why yes, I AM a wild and crazy girl!). Here is how it all came together...

I'm trying really hard to smize in this one. Can you tell? Dear Diary, when is my blog "modeling" going to improve?



Thrifted: Animal Print Blouse (Georgiou Studio), Scarf (Amanda Smith)
Misc: Green Jeans, Necklace, Earrings (F21), Motorcycle Jacket (Mossimo), Envelope Clutch (TJ Maxx), Pointed Toe Pumps (Payless...wow, they are on heavy rotation lately), ring (gifted)
Lips and Nails: Bare Escentuals, Buxom Lips, Destiny, Sally Hansen, Insta-Dri, #310 Slick Slate (I initially was going to paint them green too, but thought that it would be too matchy-matchy. Also, I was going for a tougher vibe with the motorcycle jacket, so I painted my nails Slate. And nothing screams tough like a night out in Snohomish, Washington AKA the antique capital of Washington. hee hee)

What trend did you break down and try?
A-

2 comments:

  1. I also waited a really long time to hop on the color denim bandwagon but now I love it! Your jeans look great paired with the leopard print :)

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sharon! Same here..love it now too. You know, my style challenge should be not to use leopard print for just at least one post! LOL! Might be a tough one for me. Have a great Sunday!-Amanda

      Delete