Monday, April 30, 2012

Saturday Finds

Over the past two Saturdays, my sister and I have gone exploring some estate sales around Seattle. Here are a few of the treasures we picked up.

The first thing I got was this vintage picture for $7. When I first saw this, I thought it was cute but put in back because I didn't know where I would hang it. Only I kept thinking about how sweet it was and just couldn't leave it behind.

I also got these three scarves. Scarves are such an easy way to add a pop of color to any outfit. For $2 each, you can never have too many!    

  At one sale, there was three boxes full of LIFE magazines from the 1960's and 1970's. We ended up picking out 5 and because it was the last day of the sale, everything was 50% off. Making each magazine $2.50. The two I kept, aren't worth any money but have some great fashion photos. Plus my sister and I had fun laughing at how bad the food looks in all the ads.

The next thing I wanted to share is something my sister got, which are these Donna Reed paper dolls.
Both me and my sister adored these dolls when we spotted them but I just couldn't think of a good reason to pay $3. My sister (who went to art school) thought they were just too cool not to get them and I know she'll think of something great to do with them. We also had fun going through the clothes and deciding which dresses fit which doll.

Estate sales can be a really fun weekend adventure plus these types of sales are a great way to find some really unique items that you would have never known you wanted/needed.
 -S

4 comments:

  1. My inner child is so excited about your paper dolls! How fun!
    --TS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those scarves are all so pretty and those paper dolls are so cute! I would've loved those when I was younger :)

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart

    ReplyDelete
  3. I TOTALLY used to play with paper dolls when I was little (Maybe they were ones that came in American Girl magazines... I can't remember...) They were awesome! I love those scarves you scored too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved playing with paper dolls when I was a kid, too. It was so neat finding these ones in such good condition!

      Delete