Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Sunday Best

I have been thinking about challenging myself and my style. Each week for at least one outfit, I am daring myself to style my look around a trend or clothing item. This week's outfit topic is mixing prints. At first, the idea of mixing prints seems strange but I'm always up for more ways to expand my wardrobe. 

 Last summer when my grandma was moving and giving stuff away, she set aside a pantsuit for me. It wasn't until I got home that I realized that it wasn't just any pantsuit but a three piece plaid polyester pantsuit. And when worn all at once looks like really fancy pajamas. But take the skirt and put it with a simple striped button up, you can almost forget about the matching jacket and pants...maybe?

Button Up: Target, Skirt: Part of a 3 piece pantsuit from my grandma, Heels: Nordstrom Rack, Belt: Thrifted
 It ended up being the perfect little outfit for Sunday dinner with the family for my mom's birthday. A lovely dinner that ended with yummy key lime pie. All in all not a bad way to start the week!

Enjoy the rest of your week! -S

3 comments:

  1. Your grandma's skirt is great! I like your pattern mixing, too.
    --TS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too, Sara! I hope you show all three glorious pieces of that suit.-Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  3. p.s. Yes, my rhodies are blooming! I was surprised because they didn't bloom until May and June when we first bought and planted them 4-5 years ago. Maybe they're starting to mature! The first year, the yellow one only had one cluster!
    --TS

    ReplyDelete