Thursday, April 12, 2012

What Would Effie Wear?

Ok, I have to admit that I am harboring a mild fascination with the styling and costuming of Elizabeth Bank's character, Effie Trinket, in, "The Hunger Games". Phew...I feel much better now that I could get that out in the open. Even though I am not a citizen of the Capitol and her look is way more than I could pull off in my every day life, there are aspects of Effie's outfits that I love. Particularly the bold colors, lady like silhouettes, and pompous detailing.






AND I am not the only one sharing in on this girl crush! There are Effie make-up and manicure tutorials and even a nail polish line.







Call me crazy, but Effie reminds me of a modernized version of a girl from a different Capital.....









What girl crush looks inspire you?
A-

(photo credits: HungerGamesMovie.org,TheHungerGamesWiki.com,ElizabethBanks.com.PoshFashionNews.com,MyFashionLust.Blogspot.com,TheGottaHaveItGirl.com)

2 comments:

  1. What a great comparison! I hadn't thought of that!
    --TS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It finally started to dawn on me...hmmm....I've seen this girl before! :) Amanda

      Delete