Monday, April 23, 2012

"You want to WHAT?"

That's exactly what I asked when my niece called to invite me to go to a few stores and then to of all places....Goodwill. You see, my mom and I go gaga for a thrift store. My niece, however, did not inherit a thrifting gene. Not even close! So when I got that call, I threw on the first thing I could find and got over to their house before she changed her mind. Nothing earth shattering, but this is what I slapped together (oh, and apparently my hair was not one of those things!)....












I still love gold aviators ----->

(I guess there are worse things to still love!)














Thrifted: Cardigan (Style N Co.), Braided Metallic Belt, Brown Handbag (Misako), Jeans (DKNY)
Misc: V Neck Tee (Chico's..kinda "mature" but needed it for pieces that travel well!), Leopard Print Earrings and Bracelet (F21)
OFMC (old from my closet...origin unknown): Sunnies, Brown Wedge Shoes
Lips and Nails: Bare Escentuals Buxom Lips in Destiny, Sinful Colors Cuty #289

Oh, and I broke one of my cardinal rules while at Goodwill. I snagged a shirt without trying it on. I'll be bringing it back. Such a thrifting sin!
A-

4 comments:

  1. I like the pretty detail on your shoes! Can you return items at Goodwill?! Or did you mean you're going to re-donate it?
    --TS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you..I don't wear them enough for some reason? Yes, definitely going to return it (you have 7 days). Ok, more than likely I will exchange it for something else while I'm there. But, I think all and all I'll end up spending more in gas money than the shirt is worth. ZOINKS!!-Amanda

      Delete
  2. My Goodwill doesn't let you return anything so that's cool that yours has a return policy! Your blog is so cute and I'm following now :)

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, weird..I assumed that they all did? Wow, I'd definitely be trying everything on them. Sheesh! I think sometimes I get lazy knowing that we have a return policy. Thank you for the nice compliment! I like your blog and would love to follow you too, so let's just consider ourselves mutually followed.Have a great night!-Amanda

      Delete