Monday, May 14, 2012

Backyard with Mom

I hope you all had a nice Mother's Day. I am beyond busy writing papers, presentations, and etc. that I didn't think I was going to even get to visit with my mom today. Luckily, I got to go spend time with my mom and have a casual backyard dinner with her and my sister's family. Just a few highlights...



The silver tray above is a project that I did a while back. I thrifted a silver plated tray and painted the front with chalkboard paint. My mom simply uses chalk to change the greetings from time to time. She puts hers in an easel, but I also gorilla glued a picture frame hook on the back in case she wanted to hang it too.

I am channeling my inner Sara, and putting my outfits on heavy REPEAT cycle lately! I've also REALLY been inspired by Thrifted Shift and am trying to get more conscience and creative with items I already own instead of running out to get something new. So, here is what I wore to the casual backyard dinner:


"Mom, are you taking the picture right now!?"




Thrifted: Chambray Shirt (from this Goodwill haul), Clogs (Madden Girl)
Ring: (gifted. My mom recently gave it to my for my past birthday. Love it!)
OFMC (old from my closet): Handbag (Coach...my greens are a little off, but I'll live!), Earrings (handed down from my mom), Bracelets (Lucky Brand, from my mom..I have a nice mom!), Green Jeans (F21...on heavy rotation alert!), Gold Aviators

This cracked me up. My niece who is in 1st Grade recently got these "evil eye" bracelets on a trip to Florida. I asked her what they are for and she said they are to keep people from being jealous of you. I just kind of looked at her wondering what a 1st grader is doing worrying about jealous people. She just replied, "Yeah, most people don't get it". LOL!


Have a great start to your week!
A-

6 comments:

  1. The chambray looks great paired with the teal jeans! I too have been shopping my closet instead of the stores to save money :)

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Sharon. Ya know...I was thinking of doing a style challenge of not buying/shopping for clothes for 1 month. Eeks, my hands are sweating just thinking about it!It would be fun though to see how many remixes I could get out of pieces ;) Amanda

      Delete
  2. those are some really cool shades of green! I actually think green is a pretty perfect summer colour and I should probably also choose green items more often :)

    Maiken,
    Maikeni blogi - part of me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Maiken. Love, love, love me some green! :) Amanda

      Delete
  3. hey, dear :) I gave you some blog awards.
    you can check them out from my freshest post.

    Maiken,
    Maikeni blogi - part of me

    ReplyDelete