Thursday, May 24, 2012

Grandma and Roller Skates?

A few weekends ago, I took my grandma to a roller derby bout. This isn't a normal family outing for us but my uncle works with one of the leagues in the area and wanted my grandma to come to a game. And because she needed a ride, I got a free ticket to the game and chance to hang with her.

We had a really great evening of eating kettle corn for dinner and cheering on the Pink Pistols (they won too). I don't totally understand the rules but it's a lot of fun to watch. I'm always impressed by the speed and power they have.

Here's a picture of some ladies of the pink pistols waiting to play. Most of them had matching pink sparkly helmets and they all wore little pink and black plaid skirts.


The pink pistols' color and pink and black. I made the right color choices with this outfit for not knowing anything about any teams or where we would be sitting, I love when thing work out that way. 

Do you see my necklace?1) It's a triceratops. 2) It's actually 1/2 of a pair of earrings. I changed the earrings into pendants and split the only one with my sister.


I have to say my favorite part of roller derby are the fun skater names they have like Anya Heels or Tina Turner or Bess B. Ware. I think my name would be either Reel Treble or Sugar and Spite. Don't worry, I have no desire to put on skates and play, I just want the cool nickname. 
-S


6 comments:

  1. The triceratops necklace is dope! You took Grandma Landmark?

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL.. how fun and cool that they get to make up names!! love the necklace idea too :-)
    xo,
    annie
    www.alongtheway-annie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun post, Sara! I always said that my skater name would be, "Ginger Vitis". What, oral hygiene is serious stuff!! ;) Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  4. My friend was in a roller derby and it was so fun much seeing the bout! Although I'd never do it myself since it looked pretty rough. Your triceratops necklace is adorable! Have a great weekend!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you on never playing. It really is a rough sport, I know someone who got a concussion while playing.

      Delete