Saturday, May 19, 2012

Mandles?

You may have heard already...but Yankee Candle has come out with a new line of candles that is tailored to men. They have new scents, such as," First Down" that is described as the smell of orange and leather (Hey, won't a quick spray of Old English or Pledge do the same job?). There is also a candle called, "Riding Mower" that smells like freshly cut grass and "Two by Four" that smells like wood and sawdust. I've always been drawn to a heavier, musky, earthy scent, myself....but, do you think men will actually run out and buy some "mandles" for themselves? Do you think they would even sit around and light them on special occasions? Would they even appreciate them for Father's Day? Oh, men and their candles....so many questions.


Do you have a favorite candle brand or scent? Have a Happy Saturday!
A-

8 comments:

  1. Ha! That's funny. But I bet a lot of women would buy those just for themselves! I really want to try the 2x4!
    --TS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh...that would be my choice too! :) Amanda

      Delete
  2. Those are awesome! There you go Sara, I commented...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your reply, Anonymous! I am sure Sara is proud... ;) Amanda

      Delete
  3. actually those are my kind of scents, so I would totally love to own all three. I'm sure my boyfriend doesn't care what kind of candles do we burn as long as it's a candle during Christmas time :P

    Maiken,
    Maikeni blogi - part of me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, Maiken! Those are kinda more the scents that I like too. :)-Amanda

      Delete
  4. Haha, I heard about these and think they're hilarious! I don't really see men buying them...I think their girlfriends/wives would buy it for them :)

    -Sharon
    Enter my giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I was thinking too, Sharon. It will be super interesting to see how they do! :) Amanda

      Delete