Thursday, May 17, 2012

Mr. Pervy Pants Behind the Counter

So, today I had to give a presentation to around 25 people on the use of Whole Body Vibration therapy for elders (zzzzz....are you still awake?). It's a platform that you stand on that sends oscillations up through your body. It's thought to increase muscle strength and power in a shorter amount of time. So, of course last night with T Minus a few hours until my presentation...I had to go get copies made for my audience (hey, I'm not early on everything!). It was one of those nights where EVERYTHING and it's mother was going wrong. Luckily, the people at my local copy store really stepped in and bailed me out. As I was discussing my copy needs with the guy behind the counter, he started snickering.....



You see, above is the title slide to my presentation. The copy guy saw my topic about good vibrations and mentioned the long cylindrical thing the guys are holding...(you get the idea, right!?) and couldn't stop giggling. Uhhh...excuse me Mr. Pervy Pants....those guys are the Beach Boys! And that long thingie that they are holding is a surf board! Sheesh...he thought I was going to give a WHOLE other type of presentation! And here is where I have to admit that I thought it was super funny too!

And in other disturbing news...I was saddened to hear about Donna Summers passing away.  What a talented, beautiful lady! This is my absolute favorite song by her. I especially love when she breaks out into a robot dance. Sorry to taint your memory, Miss Summers, on a blog post about Mr. Pervy Pants! :(



Just curious, do you enjoy speaking or even robot dancing in front of people?
A-

4 comments:

  1. I would have to say definitely no because I just don't do it.. ever :P
    gosh, and how funny is your story about the presentation! :D actually when I first saw the photo and hadn't read the text yet I already knew what you were going to say! oh, just brilliant! :D

    Maiken,
    Maikeni blogi - part of me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's definitely not my favorite thing to do in the world. Although, I wouldn't mind robot dancing! ;) -Amanda

      Delete
  2. Haha, that's really funny about the surf board! I hate doing public speaking, it makes me so nervous.

    -Sharon
    Enter my Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh...me too, Sharon!! But...(and I can't believe I'm saying this) luckily, our school has made us do like 9 presentations already, so it actually helped with the nerves in front of this group. Have a great weekend!-Amanda

      Delete