Thursday, May 3, 2012

Night and Day

Style Challenge: Week 3 is taking an outfit from day to night.
DAY:
This is my simple "its Saturday running around" outfit. Here are the basics: skinny jeans from Old Navy, T-shirt borrowed from my sister which turned into me never giving it back (I believe its from Forever 21) and a sweater bought from a random store in a Miami, Florida mall. 
Accessories include Steve madden striped ballet flats, thrifted rhinestone fish necklace and ring made by my grandma.

NIGHT:
I wanted something cute and simple but a little more dressy for my dinner out with friends.
The changes included switching out the sweater for a blazer. The tuxedo style of this blazer always feels more nighttime to me. The formal feel of the blazer mixed with a causal t shirt made the outfit seemed pulled together without trying to hard. Plus I love that I'm standing in front of a photo of shoes cause I grew up with a mother that regularly quoted "Change your shoes, Change your life" to me.
I liked the jewelry so I kept it the same but traded the flats for my nude high heels (which I'm really loving at the moment and are also featured here).
And in the words of Marilyn Monroe, “Give a girl the right shoes, and she can conquer the world.”
-S

3 comments:

  1. What a fun challenge! It reminds me of my favorite Barbie whose skirt was reversible: pink pencil skirt/pink tutu and underneath her work blazer and silky scarf she had on a sparkly tank! Love your shoes and cardigan!
    --TS

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey! thank you for the lovely comment in my blog :)
    I love those heels and I totally love the sweater with those cute details in front. and of course that shiny fish necklace.
    btw, if you're interested, we could follow each other's blogs to stay in touch :)

    Maiken/
    Maikeni blogi - part of me

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's amazing how a few little swaps can really transform the look. I love your heels, they're fabulous!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart

    ReplyDelete