Friday, May 25, 2012

She's a Day Tripper

Sara and I just have a few more days left of the vacation before we head back to school next week. Today, I thought I would hop in the car and take a little drive. So, my man and I headed up north to La Conner, Washington. It's known for being half way between Seattle and Vancouver, B.C. It's also well known as a stopping point after going to see the tulip fields that bloom in the Skagit Valley every Spring.


So, La Conner being a town on the water...and me being super themey...it was bound to happen! Today, I dressed in my ship shape best! Here is my nautical (and a little mod) inspired look:



Notice anyone photobombing this picture?


And the pièce de résistance of my outfit....my "ruby red" thrifted slippers!

And just some snaps from the town (don't you too hit up random thrift stores when you visit a town?):

 

 




I loved a store called, Caravan Gallery! They had the most amazing jewelry imported from around the world. The ladies running the store were so fun and helpful. They named my thrifted shoes my "ruby red slippers". When I told the store keeper that I got them thrifting, she got a big smile on her face and divulged her love of thrifting too! Thrift store shoppers of the world, unite!!


This is what I bought at Caravan Gallery. A tie-dyed ombre scarf and a silk clutch from Indonesia




Thrifted: Red Wedges (Steve Madden), Navy and White Striped Sweater (Finity), Red Anchor Earrings
Blazer: (Apostrophe. I got it on a recent trip to San Diego, threw it in my carry on bag and haven't ironed it since...oops!)
OFMC (old from my closet): Capri's (7 For All Mankind), Sunnies (F21), Purse (gifted), Ring (gifted from Italy), Bracelet (gifted from Maui)<---my family members are super generous and bring me back nice souvenirs. Now, if they would just take me along with them in the first place! (I kid, I kid).

Have a great weekend, everyone!
 A-

(photo credit of tulip field: bellinghamster.com)

4 comments:

  1. what a wonderful day you had! I just love road trips and yeah, I also love visiting local thrift shops when possible :P thrifting is my true addiction.
    anyway, you look super classy! I love the combination of your blazer and the scarf and I also love those earrings which are just brilliant ;)

    Maiken,
    Maikeni blogi - part of me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Maiken! Oh, I agree..it's our addiction too. Whenever I travel, I always look up to see where their thrift stores are. :) Amanda

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Hi Avy! Couple of things...1) Uh, love the name of your blog! 2) thanks for the comment and stopping by. :) Amanda

      Delete