Friday, May 11, 2012

Style Challenge: Week 4

Please tell me I'm not the only one who has items in their closet that you like and fit but you have never worn and have no good reason for not wearing them. I'm hoping doing this is either a girl or a thrifter thing and not cause I'm weird (or maybe it's a combo of all three?).
The other night, I was staring at my closet cause that's what I do. I sit around and think about what I'm going to wear next. Is that a girl thing or a weird me thing? Anyways, I noticed that I have like 3 or 4 items of clothing that I never wear.
Which got me thinking how dumb it is to own things that I like and never wear. And how really dumb it is to look around my bedroom (which is covered in clothes at the moment) and think I have nothing to wear. So I vowed in the moment to not live like this anymore (the wearing of unworn items thing not the having a clean bedroom thing) and made it the center of this week's style challenge- Cause ignoring clothes is mean and there shouldn't be any favorites.
You're probably at the edge of your seat wondering which item I'm talking about. Please place your bets now cause I'm about to yell spoiler alert. It's the skirt! I have had this skirt for almost a year. I got it from the big clean out of my grandma's house before she moved last summer (the same way I ended up with 3 piece suit). If you haven't noticed already, I love rocking "grandma chic" clothes. It's gotten to the point where while shopping with Amanda last Sunday, she picked up a sweater and said "it's granny so you would wear it" (I ended up buying it too). I hemmed the skirt to a better length and put it in my closet for the past year. Now after wearing it, it seems silly that I didn't for so long. Lesson learned. Also I should learn to iron more.
Top: Thrifted, Skirt: grandma's closet,  Belt: Thrifted, Boots: DSW, Bracelet: Thrifted and H&M, Sunglasses: Thrifted
Fun side-note: the pattern of my top is the same pattern as my jumpsuit and jacket turned dress from this post only with a white instead of black background. -S

5 comments:

  1. I do the same thing. I used to have a bad habit of buying things and then have no clue how to style them. Thus they sit in the closet unworn. Yay for bringing that skirt out and wearing it!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha, you weren't kidding! So bizzare that we both did Granny Chic posts! Did you also study psychology before physical therapy? Awkward! ;P -A

    ReplyDelete
  3. ironing is over-rated :D I don't do it either, haha. but your outfit is definitely great! that skirt, the belt and the floral blouse make a superb combination together and wow, your thrifted sunnies are SO cool!
    oh and you now reminded me I should really start cleaning my wardrobe and letting go of things I don't actually wear :P

    Maiken,
    Maikeni blogi - part of me

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the beautiful colour of your outfit!!!

    ang-closet365.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look great! The skirt is a wonderful color and shape. Funny, I just picked up a knee length pink skirt at Goodwill last night! Your grandma has awesome taste!
    --TS

    ReplyDelete