Saturday, June 16, 2012

And That's a Wrap

Yesterday, my mom invited me to go to the Edmonds Arts Festival. Truth be told...I love art, but sometimes I find the festival a little on the boring side. Shhh....! But, it was a gorgeous day and what better way to spend the day but outside in a scenic, waterfront town and with one of my favorite gal pals (my mom!).

I recently thrifted this wrap dress. I don't know why I don't own more of them....they are so simple and elegant at the same time (Sara, this would be my alternative to the sweatsuit!). Really, could Diane Von Furstenberg be wrong? This dress gave me curves in areas that I usually don't have them...and I didn't mind one bit! Since we would be walking around in grass and sun, I kept my outfit simple with some aviators, pewter colored gladiators, and pewter colored bag (someone's matchy-matchy!). Oh, and also please excuse the glowing pale skin...I promise that I am not a Vampire (at least not yet!)....we just hardly ever see the sun.

We finished off the day by grabbing lunch and a latte. A great day full of giggles and fun was had!






There was a glass blowing demonstration (and not a Chihuly to be found <---sorry, he just drives me nuts. Not that I know the man or anything! ;)  )






Mmmmmm.....Latte!

Have a fantastic Saturday! I hope you have some giggles and fun in your day too.
A-

Thrifted: Wrap Dress (Anne Klein)

THRIFTING TIP: This wrap dress is a smaller size than I usually wear. Be sure to try on everything at thrift stores. Sizing is not uniform, so you never know. You might miss out on a great item because you disregard the size. BUT...unfortunately it works in the other direction sometimes too! Long story short...TRY IT ON!

10 comments:

  1. very cute! and looks comfy..glad you had fun with your mom..i miss mine - she's the queen of thrifting, lol..omg i swear she could open her own flea market! LOL

    enjoy your weekend!
    xo,
    annie
    http://alongtheway-annie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We must have similar moms! Mine actually fights me to get into the thrift store first since we like to thrift similar items! LOL! Oh, moms.... Hope your weekend is great too, Annie! :) Amanda

      Delete
  2. What a great find! That wrap dress looks great on you!
    --TS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! It's super comfy too!

      Delete
  3. This is such a beautiful wrap dress!!!

    ang-closet365.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ang! I had no clue how cozy they were too! :) Amanda

      Delete
  4. what a view! those mountains in the background are more than beautiful!
    and you look super stylish. the dress suits you so well and what a cool pattern it has!

    Maiken,
    Maikeni blogi - part of me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Maiken! Yes, that little town is so cute! They have lots of little cafes, restaurants, antique stores, etc. (but it's probably no Prague! ;) )Amanda

      Delete
  5. You look beautiful, this dress should be in your closet forever, it is so classic!
    I totally agree on sizing in a thrift store. Honestly, if I like it, I try it on, regardless of size. And, some things I might not have thought would fit, do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Christine! Yeah, I used to just stick in my size in my early days of thrifting then finally figured it out! Hope you're having a nice weekend! Amanda

      Delete