Thursday, June 7, 2012

Are Ombre lips Everyday Wearable?

While talking on the phone with my sister the other day, she sent me a picture of ombre lips. She questioned if wearing ombre lips was only for high fashion. I thought I'd try it to see if it could translate into real life. The short answer is no or at least not for me.

1. Loreal #350 British Red
2. Urban Outfitter Brick
3. Jemma Kidd  ?- the name/number got scratched off





I also tried the same technique using two pink lipsticks (Loreal #101 Pink Passion and Covergirl #200 Sultry) and a nude lipstick (same as above). This is more wearable than the red for me but I still have some major issues with the whole thing. First, out of habit I always press my lips together making all the colors run together. Second, this means I would have to reapply constantly which would be annoying. 


I did watch a tutorial after taking photos and he suggested using two color. That way the middle part of lips is a shade darker than the outer part of the lips which may be a solution to my mixing color problem. I will try that in the future but this still may not be the trend for me. -S

4 comments:

  1. Good job really giving it the ole college try! I can barely handle one lipstick at all!
    --TS

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually like the first variant and I think it would be really cool when used during taking outfit shots for an example. though I'm usually too lazy for proper makeup anyway :P

    Maiken,
    Maikeni blogi - part of me

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sara, you know me...I like your blank, foundation lips the best! Reminds me of our beloved Made in Chelsea. s*i*g*h*!! -Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  4. interesting... i really like it! and it looks fab on you! though i totally get the annoyance of having to keep reapplying and worrying about not rubbing your lips together, lol... i would try it for sure, though!
    xo,
    annie
    http://alongtheway-annie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete