Saturday, June 9, 2012

Friends, Frenemies and Fishermen

Yesterday, I went to my best friend's graduation from college. After the ceremony, we had a yummy lunch down at the fishermen's terminal and it ended up being a great place for photos.


It was a wonderful Friday full of lots of celebrating! Congratulation friend!


Sweater: Old Navy, Dress: Thrifted and redid (full story here), Belt: Target, Shoes: Nordstrom Rack, Bag: Thrifted, Sunnies: Thrifted, Necklace: gift, Ring: H&M, Lipstick: Urban Outfitter brick and Jemma Kidd


In other news, I've decided that mother nature and I are in fact frenemies. In most of the pictures my hair looked wind blown and awesome but made the dress look puffy and weird. Making it hard to get a good picture with both good hair and a calm skirt so the two of  us are frenemies for now. Dramatic, me, never.


Also this is the first time that I have taken photos in an area where there are lots of people around. There was a guy working on his boat 10 ft from us probably listening to my sister and I discuss back-lighting and me yelling at the wind. I even got a comment from someone riding by on their bike. Oh, the strange things that happen when you take pictures of your outfits in public.   
-S

8 comments:

  1. Oooh brave pretty girl! I haven't taken photos in public yet, not sure I'll ever be able to... but you look great, the dress is pretty, and your hair looks so beautiful!
    --TS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello there,
    I like your skinny belt with your realistic flower dress.
    So lovely.
    Your new follower,
    Tarah and the City

    ReplyDelete
  3. There should be a "like" button for each picture like FB... Good choice of venue. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look really lovely in that printed dress :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this dress! The print is so gorgeous. Seems like we have similar feelings about taking pictures in public :) Hope you're having a great weekend!

    xo,
    Angela
    headtotoechic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. you look fabulous, so no worries when it comes to taking public outfit shots! ;)
    I love the floral dress and of course that bag with such a cool vintage vibe and beautiful colour.

    Maiken,
    Maikeni blogi - part of me

    ReplyDelete
  7. hey, there! you look amazing. :) i actually love it when the wind is blowing. i love the hair... but i do have to agree that sometimes the outfit gets "puffy" and i could look bigger....
    you look amazing! i love target and old navy stuff. :) love the colors here. :)

    have a great week!!
    xoxo
    jasmine
    AdamAlexMommy

    ReplyDelete