Thursday, June 14, 2012

It feels like Saturday

These photos are almost a week old.... almost. Last Saturday afternoon, Amanda and I went to a BBQ at a classmate's house. This also meant that I put off taking my outfit photos until 8:30 p.m. at which point I was losing my light.


Taking outfit photos at times can be a challenge. There are days when I just feel like I can't even remember how to stand in front of a camera. Then you add in the added pressure of your light source leaving. I imagine my photographer yelling "we gotta get this shot" just like they do on America's Next Top Model or something. It's all very confusing especially because I'm my own photographer.


And because it's June in Seattle, I had to wear jeans and a sweater so as to not freeze. Even at that I was still a little cold when I went outside. I wanted to keep the whole look simple with just a touch of pink and purple from the scarf.

Jeans: Old Navy, Shoes: Ross, Top: H&M, Sweater: Nordstrom Rack, Scarf: Thrifted, Bag: Thrifted, Ring: Gift, Necklace: Gift, Bracelets: H&M


My new favorite thing for summer is head scarf. I have so many scarfs and it's such an easy way to add a pop of color to an outfit! 
-S

5 comments:

  1. such a cute outfit <3 Lovely!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. tell me about the light, haha. I hate it when it's too sunny and I also hate it when there is no sun at all :D btw, I love the combo of your shoes and clutch. very summery!

    Maiken,
    Maikeni blogi - part of me

    ReplyDelete
  3. The headscarf is so pretty! This is a trend for summer I'll have to try out :) Have a great weekend!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes, i'm lovin the scarf.. i used to wear them all the time - you've inspired me to dig them out of the closet!

    enjoy the weekend!
    xo,
    annie
    http://alongtheway-annie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete