Saturday, June 30, 2012

A Magical Matinee

Yesterday, Sara and I went on a ladies outing with about half the girls in our class. What would be the big attraction that would drag out half the ladies in our class, you ask? Oh, only the opening day of the movie, "Magic Mike" Ok, clearly you don't go to this movie for the amazing plot line of the story, but I'm always excited to spend some fun, girly time with our classmates. We met for cocktails and lunch before the movie where the bartender made us special "Magic Mike" drinks. I personally preferred the bartender's concoction called "Abs". Apparently Magic Mike's abs taste just like Apple Cider!?

For our day out, I wore my new fuchsia colored top from F21. Of course I was drawn to it because it is reminiscent of the bow tied blouses from the 70's that I love! I topped off my look with this amazing pleather coat that I thrifted and an old alligator embossed clutch that I bought when I worked at Bebe. Now, usually I don't prefer pleather...but it rains almost every day here lately!


Sara liked how the swirl on the back of my jeans matched the color of my blouse.



I'm doing my best "broke down baby doll" pose from America's Next Top Model.


Sara and I were also so impressed with our friend Corynn's outfit of the day. We loved her orange colored blazer accented with an orange and white leopard print scarf. AND check out Corynn's amazing braided bun. J'adore!



And here is the whole group after the movie. Notice the smiles? 




 All in all, you need to take this movie for what it's worth, but we had a great day out together. And I am now truly impressed with Channing Tatum's dancing abilities. Wowzers!

Have a great weekend, everyone! I hope you are all surviving the heat waves out there...we are still waiting for Summer here!! Ugh! A- 

Thrifted: Pleather Coat...perfect for Seattle weather!


10 comments:

  1. I read about that movie some time ago but me and the cinema are too far from each other and so far I have only been able to get there when a Twilight Saga film comes out, hehe. oh and this year will be the last one then :P
    anyway, what a beautiful blouse! I love the bright shade and the classy shape!

    Maiken,
    Maikeni blogi - part of me

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun outing! I like how your jeans match your top, too!
    --TS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely pics.....the outing seems so much fun!! :)

    www.beautydiaries.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is exactly what I did to spend my weekend with my girlfriends!! Channing Tatum is so hot and such an amazing dancer indeed!!

    ang-closet365.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a great class field trip.LOL
    Magic Mike seems so corny, I couldn't bring myself to go see it. But, I bet it's really entertaining.
    Always,
    Tarah and the City

    ReplyDelete
  6. awn, sweet shots & love the black ring :)
    bisous xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, what a fun outing for a class! I love that jacket, I keep hoping I will come across something similar in my thrifting ventures, and in my thrifting dreams it would be a soft soft leather!

    ReplyDelete