Sunday, June 17, 2012

Sunday Bloody Sunday

                                                    Wow, great song...but creepy post title!

So, we have a new Sunday night tradition around these parts. Can you guess what it is? It's True Blood viewing parties of course! Last Sunday, our friend Linnea held an awesome True Blood premier party. She had an amazing dinner straight out of Bon Temps complete with beans and rice, collard greens, hush puppies, and O Negative punch. For dessert, we sunk our fangs into chocolate dipped strawberries and bite marked cupcakes. Our hostess with the mostess also made sure that we were complete with bite marks on our own necks before the show started.

It was such a fun night and Linnea did a great job with the festivities! And, as our friend Corynn AKA Eric's #1 Fan says, "Oh, Ike Applebaum....."

casual Vampire viewing outfit with dark sunglasses, thrifted 70's blouse, and cross

our Hostess giving me my bite marks!



vegan chocolate to the left. milk chocolate to the right...oh, yeah!

Corynn getting her bites. Please note Corynn's shirt! ; )

Delicious O Negative Punch

O Negative Punch:

1 Bottle of Sparkling Wine
1 container Cranberry Concentrate
1/2 of 2 Liter of 7-Up

(don't drink too much or you may end up giving Vampires permission to enter your house!)


Do you have any guilty pleasures that you watch? Hope your Sunday doesn't suck! (that was a pretty lame one!)
A-



Just giving myself some incentive to get my homework done early....

11 comments:

  1. what an awesome way to watch a show! I used to watch True Blood but then I stopped because it didn't interest me anymore. but I do love The Vampire Diaries, Pretty Little Liars, Switched at Birth, The Lying Game, The Secret Circle, Jersey Shore and MORE :D and I always work out while I watch those shows!
    anyway, all the snacks and drinks look so yummy and I'm especially hungry right now, so it's hard to see those bites :P

    Maiken,
    Maikeni blogi - part of me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Maiken! Yeah, I missed a season, but it's super fun watching it all together! If I keep eating those snacks, I'll have to work out too while I watch! :) Amanda

      Delete
  2. thanks :)

    uh, nice cross-necklace! ;)

    & love those strawberries, yum! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute party! That O Negative Punch sounds quite delish!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG, Sharon...it's super good. It's now a staple of our Sunday viewings! :) Amanda

      Delete
  4. wow, you guys go all out! i love this show, and watch it every sunday with hubs. :) love all the vampire-themed stuff. :) you look beautiful. :)


    xoxo
    jasmine
    AdamAlexMommy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Jasmine! I have to admit that I like the vampire stuff too! Our next get together was not as elaborate, but the strawberries and punch made it back! :) Amanda

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks, Tarah! I like any fun excuse to get together with friends! :) Amanda

      Delete
  6. Thank you for stopping and the lovely comment Amanda :)

    Sometimes I have the craziest imagination too, that's why I never take pictures at night or even in the late afternoon because I am sure I will run back home

    ang-closet365.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete