Sunday, June 3, 2012

"You're the right kind of sinner......"

And that my friends is a lyric from the song, "Heartbreaker", by Pat Benatar. It is also the song that I butchered at karaoke on Thursday night! What's worse than butchering a song by Pat Benatar? Oh, thinking it would be super funny to get on the microphone before your song and dedicate it to your poor unassuming classmate who is minding their own business at the table. And then.....having to text said classmate two days later to apologize!

Typically, I am a middle of the road singer. Not horrible, not super great! So, when we decided to go to karaoke, I thought I would dress inner rockstar casual in case I felt the sudden urge to sing. But, the real star of the show is my thrifted blazer! Sara originally snagged this one at Goodwill when we were shopping. She was nice enough to relinquish control of it and see if I perhaps wanted it. Heck ya, I did! I'm digging the rolled up cuffs with a spot on fit. I topped off my look with tons of bangles, long dangling earrings, my favorite skull and cross bones t-shirt, and my beloved old jeans.










 

Do you like to sing Karaoke? If so, what is "your" song? *and here is where I have to insert the disclaimer that "Heartbreaker" is not my usual song! I should have known better and started with a song that I know really well. Next time, next time*
A-

Thrifted: Black Blazer (Nordstroms)

11 comments:

  1. Hi dear. Nice blog you have. Maybe we could follow each other? Please, let me know =)*

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look very rock n roll! I don't do Karaoke, I'll only go to listen to friends sing :)

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment, Sharon! Hope you're having a nice Monday! :) Amanda

      Delete
  3. I'm definitely not a fan of karaoke.. not at all. I don't even like it when others sing because mostly they're drunk and can't actually sing and it's annoying :D
    anyway, you look great in your rocker chick ensemble! the lip colour is gorgeos too.

    Maiken,
    Maikeni blogi - part of me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Maiken...thank you! Are you back from your trip? Can't wait to see pictures. Luckily my friends said I didn't do as bad singing as I thought I did (it was hard to hear your own voice over the music). Phew! :) Amanda

      Delete
  4. Love your skull top!! I just went to karaoke with my girlfriends on saturday!!!! It was so much fun, my friends and I pulled out all the old songs and sang so loud that everyone are staring at us :D!

    ang-closet365.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ang! Sounds like you had a great time...phew...glad I'm not the only one who likes it too! Have a great night! :) Amanda

      Delete
  5. You're funny. I don't karaoke, but I do sing loudly to children songs I've made up about math. That's as far as I go singing in public!
    Love your rock star look!
    --TS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I'm sure they appreciate it! Have a great night! :) Amanda

      Delete
  6. Love the rocker look and the blazer is awesome. So, what is your favorite karaoke song?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Christine! Well, usually I like to warm up with a group song so I can get over the stage fright a little and then probably go for "Hit Me With Your Best Shot", by Pat too. Sometimes she is out of my range and it just isn't pretty! ;) Amanda

      Delete