Friday, September 21, 2012

Make New Friends, But Keep The Old

Why, yes....I was a Girlscout!

Well, I'm finally recooperating from Summer. Sorry to completely drop out of Blogland for a bit. But, it was a crazy one for me full of: finishing up our last externships, graduating from school!, putting my house on the market, and moving to SAN DIEGO!! 

It's been crazy going from stress and anxiety to zero in a matter of a week. I'm thrilled to start a new adventure in my life, but missing my friends and family back in Seattle. 

And speaking of old friends....remember Tisha from this post? I got to see her this summer when she made a quick trip to Seattle. It was great to catch up.

me wearing: thrifted sundress and newer straw clutch. I was so envious of Sara's that I broke down and bought one at Target when they were on clearance. But wouldn't you know it....Sara and I were out thrifting one day and my clearance purse was at Goodwill. They had about 6 of them for less than I paid for on clearance. Note to self: Goodwill seems to be the dumping grounds for left over/unsold new Target clothes and accessories. Ugh, fail!


And here are a few scenes from inside of my car from Seattle to San Diego:
 
 Sunset in Olympia, Washington's capital

Bogey and the 'bucks. Of course a Seattle girl could find the Starbucks anywhere...Bakersfield, CA in this case (ok, ok...so there's an app. for that).

I made a nice safe spot for my other dog Rue that took up a lot of real estate in the car (you know space that could have been used for shoes!). However, Rue preferred to wedge herself here behind the seat and sit on a little suitcase in the tiniest space available. Aye!
 


If any of you out there know of cool vintage stores, places to eat, hiking trails, or must see places in San Diego....PLEASE fill me in!


I hope you are having new adventures in your life too! Have a Happy Friday!
A-

12 comments:

  1. Oh man, I'd be so upset if I saw something that I just bought show up at goodwill for way less money, haha! You two ladies look so pretty! :)

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Yi-chia! Thanks for stoppng by our blog. Yes, I was like..."seriously?", but then got over it! :) Your blog is awesome. I'll be back! Have a great morning! Amanda

      Delete
  2. your doggies are such cutiepies! :) you should make a post about them sometimes.
    and wow, congrats! I hope you're super happy in your new home!

    Maiken,
    Maikeni blogi - part of me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maiken! So good to hear from you!! Thank you! The pups seem to really like it down here in all of the sunshine. I was thinking of taking them to the beach soon,just to see what they would do. That could be a fun post!

      Hope you are doing well! :) Amanda

      Delete
  3. Congratulation on your graduation!!! About the wigs, I bought most of my wigs from ebay and they cost around $20 each. I would not spend more than that to get a wig but I must say the one that is more expensive do tends to be in better quality. Hope this helps! Would love to see you in a wig :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the information, Ang! Yep, totally helped. Um, I might just have to get one (or a couple) too! ;) Amanda

      Delete
  4. Good luck in San Diego! I tend to think of it as the land of perfect weather... I love La Jolla!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yeah, still trying to get used to the perfect weather. I brought down mostly Fall clothes since it was starting to cool down up in our parts, and it was almost 90 degrees yesterday! FAIL! :) Amanda

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks, Helena! Ughhh...I don't ever want to go on a road trip in a long, long time! ;) Amanda

      Delete
  6. Oh gosh, I remember that song too well......'one is silver and the other gold.' LOL, oh girl scouts, haha. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mary Ann! Hee hee...and I remember us having to sing it in a "round" too. Oh, memories! Thanks for stopping by! :) Amanda

      Delete