Thursday, September 27, 2012

Margaritas and Miscellany

So, what's a girl to do that has lived in a town for two weeks and has no friends yet (don't cry too much for me, Argentina....I do have some, they're just all in my head....I kid, I kid....just none of them live here...). Well, she should go sample a Margarita in the middle of the day, obviously!

I headed up north to a little community called 4S Ranch (Sara would have hated this little planned community! I can just hear her busting out the lyrics, "little boxes on the hillside, little boxes made out of ticky tacky". However, I found it quite relaxing...and Lord knows I need to relax at places such as Cost Plus World Market), and went to a restaurant called, Miguel's Cocina.


For your consideration: Miguel's Cocina is part of The Brigantine Family of Restaurants that includes Brigantine Seafood (various locations) and The Steakhouse at Azul in La Jolla. 

I am originally from a border town in Texas, so I have had my share and then some of Mexican food. I found my meal definitely good, but not crazy good enough for me to want to slap my grandma (don't worry, that's just a saying in my house...no grandmas were actually harmed in the making of this post!). However, there were a few highlights of my meal starting with the fantastic server. She was there for my every whim and need. And I was sat in a big, corner booth<---I swear food tastes better in a booth. 

Some other highlights include:


The fun, bright decor. It had an islandy feel complete with 20 foot resin preserved palm trees. 


The queso dip. Dios Mio....I'm pretty sure this stuff was liquid crack. Delicioso! I was hoping to get some liquid courage after my Margarita and beg for the recipe. But, alas, I was able to contain myself (this time!).

me wearing: thrifted Dana Buchman snakeskin print blouse. SSssss.....Hey, is snakeskin print considered an animal print? Or, reptile print possibly?

And here I am sampling their Margarita. After I got home, I got the brilliant idea to start a quest to find the best Margarita in town (Sara and I have to pass a horrendous national exam to be licensed to work. Our tests are coming up shortly...gee, what should I really be focusing my efforts on!?). Anywho....I've decided to review local Margarita's based on price, consistency, kick, and I'm sure other fun stuff. Hope this information helps someone out there out (I know, I know...I'm a helper).

Eh, I'll write the Miscellany news later...I'm sure I've rambled on enough for one post!

Cheers!
A-

16 comments:

  1. The queso dip sounds amazing! You've got me craving chips now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh, Viv...I'm not even kidding...it was that good. That could be dangerous! :) Amanda

      Delete
  2. Ooh I hope you have fun exploring your new town! Queso is my version of liquid crack too.. Mmmm!
    xx
    Here&Now

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Jessica! Thanks so much for stopping by. Yes, can't wait to see what else is out there. Have a great day! :) Amanda PS I should have asked for a to go cup for the queso!

      Delete
  3. aww i know how that is too, i just moved not long ago and it can be tough to meet people but a margarita helps hahah

    Jessica
    http://www.jumpintopuddles.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Yeah, I better not make it too much of a habit!
      I hope you are liking Seattle so far. If you ever need any information....feel free to ask us. Sara is still there, so she'll know more of what's the happs are about town. Have a good one! :) Amanda

      Delete
  4. your post definitely made me hungry and also it made me dream about going to a restaurant right about now! a burger and some french fries would be lovely, yum :P
    oh and what a super classy blouse that is! I like it!

    Maiken,
    Maikeni blogi - part of me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Maiken. Oh man, a burger is actually probably my biggest weakness AND thus I have started working out every day again. Do you have a place that you like to go for your favorite burger?
      ;) Amanda

      Delete
  5. i like the idea of finding the perfect margarita in your town. i think i might copy that!! and also, is it bad that i was queso dip and it's only 6:35 am? happy friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha! Well, I'm sure queso dip is good any time of the day!? Maybe?
      How fun, I would love to see the Margarita happening in other towns too!

      Happy Friday right back at 'ya! :) Amanda

      Delete
  6. Mmm queso dip. I bet you'll have a blast trying to find the best margarita in town! Hope you have a great weekend! :)

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Yi-chia! Unfortunately, it was a little too good and a little too close to my house! That could spell danger!

      Happy weekend to you too! :) Amanda

      Delete
  7. That queso dip looks sooo good! And finding the best margarita in your town is a great idea :) Have a great weekend!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart
    Win a chain link necklace + Chanel print!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hee hee..maybe I should find some other hobbies too! ;) Have a good weekend too! Amanda

      Delete
  8. ummmm i want to drive down to sd nowww for a california burrto haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Tala! Thanks for stopping by! Um...yeah...they are a little too good, DANGER! Have a great weekend! :) Amanda

      Delete