Monday, September 24, 2012

Movies and Mame

Sara and I were talking one day and discovered that we both have a mutual love of the 1958 movie staring Rosalind Russell, Auntie Mame. Sara mentioned that she and her sister used to recite lines from the movie (hmmm..maybe they still do!?). I think I was too busy crushing on Mame's wardrobe and apartment to even hear a word she said! But, how fun would it be to have such a free spirited auntie?







This got me thinking of some of my other all time favorite fashions in film...

Catherine Deneuve in Missippi Mermaid (Yves Saint-Laurent was the costume designer for her dresses in this movie)

Madonna in Desperately Seeking Susan (sigh...)

Mia Wasikowska in Alice in Wonderland (this red Court dress was my favie!)

Audrey Tautou in Amélie

Diane Keaton in Annie Hall (single handedly responsible for my love of belts over garments)

Kirsten Dunst in Marie Antoinette

Tippi Hedren in The Birds  (how dare those birds ruin a perfectly good green suit!)


My list could go on and on, and I'm sure I'm forgetting something (like anything Audrey Hepburn was in!). 

What are some of your favorite fashions in film?
A-

7 comments:

  1. some high class dames here!

    Jessica
    http://www.jumpintopuddles.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! That's so funny, Jessica...I didn't even really notice. Oh, the dreams of a thrift store lovin' girl!! ;) Amanda Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I love Amelie, My Fair Lady, 13 Going on 30, and that one scene in that terrible movie how to lose a guy in ten days when she steps out in that yellow gown... that shot made the movie worth it for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hee hee...I know exactly the yellow gown that you are talking about!! (agreed). Have a great day out there! :) Amanda

      Delete
  3. yes, those birds are real jerks!! i love amelie and audrey tautou, but i would take the wardrobes of any of these movie icons!

    ReplyDelete
  4. gosh, such a hard question since I'm not actually a fashion person :P but I like the fashion part in Pretty Little Liars and I adored it in An Education (do watch it if you haven't). your choices are great btw!
    ps. when it comes to sofas there are no news. we still don't have one but the date is in December so no worries, I guess.

    Maiken,
    Maikeni blogi - part of me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Morning, Maiken! Thanks for the tip about "An Education". I will def. check it out. Ok, phew...I'll quit worrying about your sofa for a few months! ;)Amanda

      Delete