Monday, October 1, 2012

Faux Fall

 Wow, can I just say that I am struggling with what to wear in the weather down here? Trust me, I am NOT trying to complain about perpetual Summer....but Jiminy Christmas, it's going to reach 99 degrees here today (crazy!!). 

Have I mentioned that I adore Fall with all of my heart (I llooovveee you, Fall!)? This weekend, I couldn't stand it anymore and despite the heat, I threw on some favorite tall boots, a spicy colored scarf, a new fringed handbag, and painted my nails in my favorite dark wine color. All elements of my favorite Fall looks! Oh, and since it has been in the 90's, I still mixed this all in with my thrifted sundress (it has paisley jewel tones in it...super Fallish, right?)









I knew that I had to have a fringed handbag when I saw this look on Adelina Alexander's blog (click on the link to read Adelina's take on western influences): 


Love everything about Adelina's look!





The new handbag.....giddy up!



In other late breaking Fall news, I picked up this vintage oil painting at the Rancho Coastal Humane Society Thrift Shop in lovely Cardiff. It was a whopping $8.00. I must confess, thrift store art is another one of my weaknesses. I loved this painting because the background almost has a plein air feel to it. Now, this might not be a painting I have up year round, but it will be perfect for Fall vignettes (and this is where I'm embarrassed to admit, that yes, I do have seasonal vignettes. Don't you?). 



I hope the first day of October finds you well. I am off to sweat it up and drink a hot Chai Latte in the scorching heat. I'm not going to let Faux Fall ruin my favorite season (it might ruin the make up that I have on today though)!!

A-









18 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I know, it makes me so happy too! :) Amanda

      Delete
  2. Definitely looks like Fall to me! I wouldn't have guess it was in the 90s based on your pics if you hadn't mentioned it. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mary Ann, Uhh....today was 103 degrees, so I guess I won't complain about 90's again! ;) Have a great night! Amanda

      Delete
  3. I wish we had such hot weather.. but oh now! when I go to work in the mornings it's +6 or +7 degrees. amazing, right? :D
    anyway, your faux fall look is great! I like the dress and the bag and all other items you're wearing. great job, Amanda!

    Maiken,
    Maikeni blogi - part of me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, brrrrr.....Maiken. That sounds cold!! :) Amanda

      Delete
  4. great bag! :)

    - A.
    adriannaislookingforastyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Adrianna! Thanks for stopping by!

      Thanks, my mom liked it so much in my picture that I had to go buy one for her and mail it to her too. Ha! Hope you have a great day! :) Amanda

      Delete
  5. I do love thrift store art. The large piece hanging in our family room was $3 at Value Village!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fun! Do you have a picture of it in your posts? $3.00, what a great score! :) Amanda

      Delete
  6. love the fall inspiration!

    Jessica
    http://www.jumpintopuddles.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Jessica! I wish it was Fall everyday. Sigh.....
      :) Amanda

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Hi there! Thanks so much for stopping by. We would never turn down a follow of course! ;)

      Thanks for letting us know about your giveaway. Will swing by and check it out!
      Have a fabulous day! :) Amanda

      Delete
  8. My lovely Amanda and Sara,

    Gladly follow you back via gfc.
    I also follow on bloglovin and twitter. Hope you can follow me back :)

    I am so happy to keep in touch with you!!!

    Kisses,

    www.nicoleta.me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Nicoleta! We are following you back too! Can't wait to read some of your posts and "meet" you . Have a fanstastic day! :) Amanda

      Delete
  9. Fringe is definitely back in this season! Fabulous Bag!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ag! Such a fun trend! Thanks for stopping by. :) Amanda

      Delete