Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Hot Mess Dress #2


So I'm full of good intentions like when it comes to thrifting. I have this idea that I can take a dress that is not so hot and make it nice again like with this dress. You can read about my first attempt in this here.


I got the dress during this trip to the Goodwill Outlet store. The dress was a dollar and looked like this:


It is also made out of the worst fabric ever. It caught on everything and was really overly stretchy. But I was going to a Bachelorette party and this dress is what I planned to wear so I was determined to make it work! (That was an unintentional Tim Gunn quote). I ended up fixing it by hand cause I'm beginner sewing machine sewer and I had problems after trying to get the machine together with the dress. I shorten the sleeves, hemmed the skirt and used the extra fabric as a belt giving myself a waist.


Sweater: Gifted, Dress: Thrifted, Tights: Macy's, Boots: DSW, Ring: Stella & Dot



P.S: This is not how I styled the dress for Bachelorette party. These photos are my it's raining and the middle week so let's wear a dress look.

-S





 

2 comments:

  1. wow! Sara, you did an amazing job with that dress! thumbs up indeed! it definitely looks great on you.

    Maiken,
    Maikeni blogi - part of me

    ReplyDelete