Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Lessons From My Grandma

When I was a kid, most of my fashion tips came from my grandma. She is the kind of woman that doesn't like leaving the house without earrings and lipstick on. She is also the person that told me never wear black with navy.


As you can see, I'm breaking that black/navy rule. I did remember my lipstick so I should get points for that, right? I don't know what she would think of me wearing ripped jeans and a cropped fur coat together either but I like it so who cares!


I thrifted this coat at the Goodwill glitter sale in November. The glitter sale is this great event that showcases all of the best items Goodwill stores get throughout and sells them in one huge sale. A fur coat was my must get item from the sale this year. I have found that working the coat into my everyday life is a little hard at times but it's fun so why not wear it on a random day!


Sweater: JC Penney, Shirt: (from a dress shorten into a top), Jeans: Levi's, Coat: Thrifted, Shoes: Gifted, Lipstick: Revlon #585 Persian Melon

Enjoy the rest of your week  
 -S

No comments:

Post a Comment