Wednesday, February 27, 2013

It Was Acceptable In The 80's

There is something about wearing a sweatshirt over a button up that feels very 1980's to me. But I get all my fashion cues from classic 80's films and Cyndi Lauper music videos so maybe it's nothing like what real girls wore in 1987. 


I'm writing this post while watching Pretty in Pink. Though this isn't my favorite "Brat Pack" film. I do love Molly Ringwald's character Andie. I mean is there anyone cooler than a high school student that makes her own clothes, shops 2nd hand and works in a record store! Well, maybe Ferris.


Yup, all my idols are from 1980's films. I mean I would have killed to have been a member of the goonies or had detention with the breakfast club, that's normal, right?


Sweatshirt: Russell, Button up: Target, Jeans: Levi's, Shoes: Thrifted


 -S


2 comments:

  1. sweater over a button up blouse? I like that combo and have tried it too but only because I just got that idea from my head, I know nothing about those films :P anyway, it's a cool combo and I also like your curls!

    Maiken,
    Maikeni blogi - part of me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! If you are ever bored look those films up! They are really fun coming of age comedies.

      Delete