Thursday, March 7, 2013

DIY Floral Spring Wreath

Spring is just around the corners and it seems to be the only thing on everyone's mind (myself included). So here is a super simple spring wreath. 


Supplies: 
Styrofoam Wreath
Fake Flower
Scissors 
Extra:
Glue

I picked up 7 bunches of pink flowers at the dollar store. Each bunch had six stems on it, for a total of 42 flowers. I recommend getting flowers that have only one flower per stem. This makes it easier to stick the flowers in and eliminates the need for glue.

1. Cut each flower from its stem about an inch from the top. (This doesn't need to be perfectly measured, I just eyeball it.)


2. Once you have all your flowers cut, just stick them into the styroform. Making sure the flowers are pushed in as close to the wreath as possible. If you feel like your flowers aren't staying, use a drop of glue on each tip to help secure them. Fill in wreath until there are no gaps or white showing.


3.  Add ribbon to hang it and you're done. 


-S

10 comments:

  1. That's a beautiful wreath, just in time for spring.
    Great post!

    Take me To Tarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this!!
    Great idea for spring & maybe an inexpensive gift?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally, I think it would make a great housewarming gift!

      Delete
  3. Great post. I used to be checking constantly this blog and I am
    impressed! Very useful information specifically the last section :
    ) I care for such information a lot. I was seeking this certain information for a
    long time. Thanks and best of luck.

    Here is my web site; water vacuum on tv

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi are using Wordpress for your site platform?
    I'm new to the blog world but I'm trying to get started and
    set up my own. Do you require any coding expertise to make your own blog?
    Any help would be really appreciated!

    Also visit my webpage flashlights you shake

    ReplyDelete
  5. You ought to be a part of a contest for one of the highest quality sites
    on the net. I most certainly will highly recommend
    this web site!

    My weblog: Wheatgrass Juicers

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's amazing for me to have a web page, which is helpful designed for my experience. thanks admin

    My web page www.canchaciudadana.org

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, wonderful blog layout! How long have you been blogging for?
    you made blogging look easy. The overall
    look of your site is wonderful, let alone the
    content!

    my web-site :: compshock.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm not sure where you're getting your info, but great topic.
    I needs to spend some time learning much more or understanding more.
    Thanks for wonderful information I was looking for this info for my mission.


    Visit my site :: jack lalanne power juicer pro

    ReplyDelete
  9. Heya i am for the first time here. I found this board and
    I find It truly useful & it helped me out much. I hope to give
    something back and aid others like you helped me.


    my website: reverse osmosis filtration

    ReplyDelete