Thursday, June 20, 2013

A Brave New World

Today marks the first time, I took photos in public by myself. Granted I was in a park hiding behind a tree next to the path, in the farthest corner away from some company picnic and pretended to fuss with my camera anytime a car drove by but I still did it. I even managed to only get one kind of weird look for a couple walking by and another old man was so busy talking to himself that he didn't even notice me. All and all not too bad. 


It really shouldn't be as scary as I make it out to be. I think it has more to do with the fact that I may have to have an uncomfortable conversation with a stranger asking what I'm doing or even worst offering to take the picture for me. But you see, I already have a cameraman. And he does a fine job!


This is probably one of the more cost effective outfits I have put together. The dress and jacket were thrifted (around $5 for each) and the shoes were gifted after my sister could no longer stand walking in them anymore.


Dress: Thrifted (Value Village), Jacket: Thrifted (Goodwill), Shoes: Gifted, Sunnies: Thrifted. Bag: H&M


Link up with Sharon and Tara for Look What I Got.


-S

13 comments:

  1. Good for you for venturing out in the world! It can definitely be an adventure! You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome!! I swear I need to get posting. Looks awesome!! Kisses! Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for taking photos out in public! I've gotten some strange comments when taking photos so yea, it can be scary. I can't believe that maxi was only 5 bucks, such a steal! Thanks for linking up with us :)

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart
    Zappos Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brave indeed! I wouldn't be able to do it..at least not yet lol hence the fact that I live in such a busy city. Love that denim jacket!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm not ready for a busy city sidewalk yet. It's a work in progress, I guess!

      Sara

      Delete
  5. You are SOOO brave! I have had my blog for three years now and I still feel a rush of adrenaline and embarrasement when I take photos in public. That's probably why I take all of my photos in my backyard like a coward. Congrats to you for being brave! Adorable outfit too btw :)

    www.thejoyoffashionblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks It's not as bad if I have another person with me but alone felt extra scary!

      Delete
  6. Love that dress, it looks super comfy! And who cares if strangers look at you funny, they aren't fabulous enough to take their own photos... they're just jealous. ;-)

    Sarah @ Life As Always

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I love a comfy maxi dresses though this one is a little too long for me!

      Delete
  7. I haven't mastered the tri-pod photos yet, but I am super awkward when I have to take pictures out in public. Great deal on the dress and jacket. I searched forever for a thrifted denim jacket and finally had to pay retail.
    Tara
    Penniless Socialite
    June Group Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Took about 8 months of looking to find the right jacket. That's the thing about thrifting when you want, it never seems to be there!

      Delete