Thursday, August 22, 2013

I'm on a Mission

Hey guys,
It's me, Amanda, the other half of the tawny twosome! I'm sure most of you are whispering under your breath...."who's Amanda!?". You know, just the other half of the Blonde Squad who took off to San Diego, struggled a bit to adjust down here...but is back in the blogging business. Holler!

When I'm not busy applying 100 SPF sunscreen and STILL getting burned, I have really enjoyed learning about the local history. As a Spanish Colonial architecture lover, I have hit the jackpot down here. Recently, I decided to take myself on a little adventure and check out a nearby mission. 

There are 21 missions in California that run from San Diego on up to the San Francisco area. They are old churches and military presidios built by early Spanish settlers. I recently visited Mission San Luis Rey in North San Diego County. It was founded in 1798 and is the largest of all 21 missions. Here are a few pics from my adventure:









I did drag Sara to a cemetery when she was down here (because every girl wants to hit the local cemetery on their vacation, right!?), but I think I spared her the mission? Anywho, there are 21 missions, I've seen 2 of them so far and I'm on a mission to see them all! <-------cheesey line alert!!

Have a fantastic Friday, friends!
A-

1 comment:

  1. Have you been to the one where the girl from the Island of the Blue Dolphins is buried? Happy touring!

    ReplyDelete