Thursday, August 1, 2013

Singing The Blues

While shopping the clearance section at JCP, I came across this lovely dress for $5. Though the price was right and the fit was good, the color was less than ideal when your next event is a wedding. But than a serendipitous thing happened, I got invited to a tie dying party.  


I may have had blue hands for a week but I saved myself from all those uncomfortable stranger stares which would have happened had I tried to wear white at a wedding this past weekend. 


And I LOVE how it turned out! (I think it may even look better this way.)


Please note that this wedding was at my family's farm, which is why I pose in front of corn. Also this is random corn off some dirt road and it smelled like cows.


Dress: JC Penney, Shoes: Ross, Clutch: Thrifted, Rings: Gifted & Nordstrom Rack, Sunnies: Thrifted, Lipstick: Revlon #585 Persian Melon


And here is my sister who was nice enough to take my photos but afterwards wanted her own outfit shots. Her dress, shoes and tights are all from Nordstrom Rack and everyone LOVED her tights. I think it was the most complimented outfit of the night (I mean other than the bride of course!)


Linking Up with Sharon and Tara 
 -S

7 comments:

  1. Wow, the dress turned out beautifully! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dress looks beautiful dyed blue! And what a steal for only 5 bucks!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JCP is where it's at for cheap clothes now!

      Delete
  3. Ok....you are awesome. A $5 tie dyed dress?! Thanks for linking up last week. Hope to see you back tomorrow!
    Tara
    Penniless Socialite
    $10 Target Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That dress is adorbs! I also really like your sister's dress - very summery and the tights are SO fun! You gals are cutie-pies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks! I love of both of the dresses too!

    ReplyDelete