Wednesday, September 18, 2013

My Canadian Adventure- Day 1

Yesterday was my first trip to Canada since I was nineteen. Because Canada and Washington state share a border, I grew up going on frequent trips to Vancouver and Victoria (mostly for dance competition). This was also my first time driving around Vancouver solo plus the first fashion show I've been to. 


The show took place at the Chinese Cultural Center which is located next to the beautiful gardens pictured above. I don't know about you but my knowledge of fashion shows comes from watching Zoolander and The Rachel Zoe Project. For most part, it's what I expected but I also learned a few things too like...


1. It really hard to take a phone pic of one person that's walking in a sea of other faces that aren't moving. 
2. There are lots of breaks. And all that waiting turns me into a creeper that spent more time than I would like to admit people watching (by that I mean taking stalker photos of them with my iphone.)
3. Fashion is awesome! (I mean I knew this already but it's great to be around other people that love it.)  Plus it's so cool seeing all the different individual style.

 
This blue dress is by the Designer Christina Exie (who was the Australian Project Runway winner in 2012.) 

The four photos below are by Designer Regina Jessen who is from Denmark.





There were a lot of other amazing designers and I wish I would have gotten lots more photos but my phone was too low on battery. I'm going to be more prepared tonight!

-S

3 comments:

  1. Fun! Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're annoying sisterSeptember 19, 2013 at 4:17 PM

    It look really awesome. More photos! More photos!

    ReplyDelete