Friday, April 18, 2014

DIY- Easter Egg Tree


As Easter Sunday is fast approaching, I decided I needed a little holiday decor to brighten up my house. The dollar tree is my go to place for cheap holiday supplies. I found a couple bags of glittery eggs which I know would be perfect for a DIY.


Each egg came attached to a stick. I removed the stick out of each egg. For some of the eggs, I had to reattach the bow using a hot glue gun. 


For the tree part, I found some branches in my backyard and arranged them in a vase. Depending on what kind of branches you find and how wide the opening of your vase is will determine how many you will need.

 
Using the hot glue gun, I added a drop of glue to one end of the bow and put them together to create a loop. If you couldn't find eggs with bows, you could use any ribbon. You would need to cut a piece of ribbon; glue the ends together and attach the loop to the egg with glue.


Once all my eggs were dry, I simply adding them to my branches. Everything else, I either already had or found in my backyard.


The total for this project cost $2.00 which was the price of the eggs.


*Also the cute little bunny (Thumper for Disney Bambi ) in the above photo is available for purchase at my Etsy store here.

-S

No comments:

Post a Comment