Tuesday, April 29, 2014

DIY: Pom Pom Infinity Scarf


With an old dress, some pom poms and a pair of scissors I set out to make my sister an upcycled scarf. I had a rough idea in my head and got to work. The crafts that I make up as I go along (and turn out good) are always my favorite! It was really simple to make and will be really fun item to have! And even easier than this DIY is to glue the pom pom trim on an old scarf you already own.

 1. Cut the bottom ten inches or so off the dress.

2. Iron fabric and pin the unfinished seam for sewing.


4. Using a sewing machine, sew the seam.

5. Add pom poms! I used glue and pinned it into place to dry but the glue didn't work that well for me. I ended up sewing the pom poms on as well. And next time I'll skip the glue all together but it it works for you, do it!


I love how it turn out! My sister was really happy to get her old dress back and is now able to use it again.

-S


No comments:

Post a Comment